• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sites (1 Viewer)

lesf

I am looking at visiting 3 sites in the next few weeks, all are new to me and all are in Nottinghamshire. Lound, Hovringham and Attenborough I would appreciate any information and personal opinions on these sites please.

Thanks!

I am looking at visiting 3 sites in the next few weeks, all are new to me and all are in Nottinghamshire. Lound, Hovringham and Attenborough I would appreciate any information and personal opinions on these sites please.

Thanks!

You might want to try Birds and Birding or Your Birding Day or Your Local Patch or UK County by County Index. Not really suitable for this forum.

Alan

Agree that you picked the wrong place to ask... and this thread should probably be moved, but you'll probably not get much luck on BF for advice on these sites. Not many Notts birders seem to use BF (or at least they don't post in the Notts Birding thread!).

Try the Notts Birders' Website... it has site pages for your desired sites and a sightings page which will detail what's been seen there recently:

http://www.nottsbirders.net/sites.php
http://www.nottsbirders.net/sightings.php

HI

Cant quote on them all but Hoveringham is really good - there is a tawny nesting on the left hand side of the boating marina in a huge hole in the tree - you cant miss it. Pretty good for short eared owls too and the common birds. Also a few waders in the pool on the left hand side (look through holes in hedge)

Attenborough is also very good but unfortunately is spoiled by the many dog walkers. I am a dog lover and owner but they are extremely annoying at Attenborough -mind you this weather might put them off a bit.

H Nottingham.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back