• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help resolving potential issue with UV 8x42HD+ (1 Viewer)

Moose: Welcome to Birdforum, as just mentioned above, you need to spend some time with your
new Leica to get acquainted. That means more than just a few quick looks in the evening.

Usually it takes days or weeks to get used to a binocular, how it handles and how to adjust it to your
best use. That means in all conditions, early, daytime and in varying light conditions.

So, don't be hasty in your evaluation, it does take time. Then you will know how you like it.
Good luck, Leica makes some very good optics.

Jerry

Moose8,

Try using the 8X42 for a while (say a week) without the 8X32, then go back to the 8X32.

I am also in agreement with the aforementioned opinion of a 5mm ep, unless it is a good porro prism glass.

Andy W.

Moose: Welcome to Birdforum, as just mentioned above, you need to spend some time with your
new Leica to get acquainted. That means more than just a few quick looks in the evening.

Usually it takes days or weeks to get used to a binocular, how it handles and how to adjust it to your
best use. That means in all conditions, early, daytime and in varying light conditions.

So, don't be hasty in your evaluation, it does take time. Then you will know how you like it.
Good luck, Leica makes some very good optics.

Jerry

^^^^^^
This!

Thanks for all the responses! A brief update after having spent a bit more time with the 8x42's-

I think initially I wasn't really distinguishing the forest from the trees, so to speak. In my evening viewing I was so focused on what small details that I couldn't see with the 8x32's that I could with the 8x42's (and not coming up with much) that I wasn't appreciating that as far as overall image and subjective impression is concerned, the 8x42's are presenting a brighter image. I'd still classify the difference in brightness as subtle, but at least noticeable now, if I'm not specifically overthinking it when viewing.

As for if this warrants owning both pairs, I can't say yet. Still need to use them a bit more to appreciate other differences besides brightness.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back