• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TE-20H 25x LER Eye Piece (1 Viewer)

Torview

Hi all,

Anyone using this eye piece ?, I quite like the idea of getting a full fov with the eye comfortably away from the scope.

I recently picked up a 773 and 20-60 but would like a fixed power.

Hello I prefer the Kowa 25xLER eyepieces as well. There really isn't anything quite like them made. I believe around 30mm of eye relief?

I find them very comfortable to use and give you a chance to get a good ways away from the optic. Not only getting back away, you can adjust your head to a more comfortable position without issues.

Often I've fitted a 25xLER Kowa to other brands with a little adaptation.

They do have some minor trade offs though. Kowa LER's "generally" have a slightly more narrow field of view comparted to other Kowa EPs. When you increase the eye relief something is generally given up, in this case the FOV slightly. Overall I think the compromise was exceptionally well balanced and you'll likely not notice.

The vast majority of 25xLER eyepieces are used by competitive shooters, They allow the shooter to use the scope with safety/shooting glasses on. I would go so far as to actually assume that was the target market that let to the LER's being developed?

There are times I wish I had higher mag than 25x LER, and at times a little less..... I have a 30x that I installed on a B&L Elite 77 that is an absolutely wonderful combination and a vintage B&L 15x "LER" That I use on others.....

The 30x I mentioned above seems to have the greatest trade offs...It's fairly powerful and wide, with a sharp resolution...But I did find the 30x has less depth of field

Just my experience.

Last edited:
H i Slingworks thanks for the hands on experience, sounds like I really must try one out, I`m willing to accept a little less fov for viewing comfort.

Cheers.

John.

I had the 25x LER for a while,used It on a 824..If i remember well ,the massive Eye relief forces you to look into the eyepiece from those 30mm (or more ),but you cant get close or you get blackouts..So has its uses ,but can be weird too..For shooters ,yes, because you need to aim in an specific position,then check the target without moving a lot,and back ,so It makes sense..Now i sketch a lot ,and i think It could be useful for that too,to keep the eyes on the paper,and get a fast peek on the view..but for regular observation didnt do much for me...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back