• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings (1 Viewer)

Matko

Hello everyone ,

I'm Matko from Croatia .
Started with birdwatching and I love it.
Allways seems booring thing to do but since I done one time I'm out all my free time and photographing birds.
Is it Nikon P900 ok for starting. Zoom is fine but quality of photos not what I hope for !?

I will have lot of questions for you here :)

Hi Matko, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to join in where ever you wish.
We have dedicated forums for all photography types :t:

cheers,
Andy

Hi Matko and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I've been hearing good things about the P900 and will be getting one myself in a few weeks. This lady got one this earlier year and appears, to me, to have some lovely pictures from it, and I think she's happy enough. You can see some pictures from her Gallery HERE

Hi , thanks for welcoming .
Can you tell has she used scene/bird mode or some options in manual mode ?

attached are my first photos .

Attachments

• 1_DSCN0201_watermark_ned_01092019_190201-1.jpg
    1_DSCN0201_watermark_ned_01092019_190201-1.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 0_DSCN0221_watermark_pon_02092019_104207-0.jpg
    0_DSCN0221_watermark_pon_02092019_104207-0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 2_DSCN0168_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-3.jpg
    2_DSCN0168_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-3.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3_DSCN0167_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-5.jpg
    3_DSCN0167_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 9_DSCN0127_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-8.jpg
    9_DSCN0127_watermark_ned_01092019_141409-8.jpg
    876.5 KB · Views: 9
You've some lovely pictures there Matko.

I'm sorry, I can't tell you which modes she used. If you leave a comment on one of her images and ask her she will definitely get back to you. I could also perhaps ask her to have a look at this thread too.

One thing more for today .
Is it OK if I use watermark on my photos ?
I know nothing of rules about it.
Thanks.

Hi again Matko: here's a link to all the rules for Birdforum.

As you will find, the pictures are yours and the copyright remains with you for whatever pictures you upload here. If you want to add a watermark or a copyright logo it is up to you. I would suggest however, that you don't make them so noticeable as to detract from the subject.

I hope this helps and we'll soon be able to see some of your images in the Gallery too.

Hi Matko,

I'll have a look at the exif data for my photographs and get back to you later today! Welcome to Birdforum!

HelenB

Hi again, Matko.

All the bird photos were taken using the SCENE setting for birdwatching. Once you choose that setting, it stays on it until you change it.

Landscape views were taken on auto mode, turning the dial to the green camera.

On my computer, I use ACDSee Photo Manager version 12 to do any editing that is needed. Version 12 is a few years old, but I’m happy with it! I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I prefer ACDSee.

Good luck with your new camera!

HelenB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back