• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

going to budapest (1 Viewer)

terry jz

am going to budapest to work for a week (may/june), and was wondering if anyone can tell me of any good places to see eastern european birds within the city.
i will only be on foot or local transport in late afternoons after my working day

I walked yesterday from Visegrad to a village called Piliszentlaszlo and got Honey Buzzard, Collared Flycatcher and Red-backed Shrike. I think I also heard Middle-spotted and Black Woodpeckers. So I think if you get up into the Buda Hills you have a chance of any of these, although I have to say the foliage on the trees was very thick and it wasn't easy catching sight of the birds. I took a boat to get to Visegrad but saw nothing of interest from that.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back