• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fife Gulls (1 Viewer)

I don't know of any places where they tend to be most of the time. It's easier to check recent reports and go to wherever they've been reported. It might be worth checking anywhere on the inner Forth, but I'm not sure where has them at the moment.

Andrew would I be right in thinking that the FifeBirdNews twitter account is not regularly used much, compared to e.g. Birding Lothian? As well as a general lack of reports I've replied to a couple of tweets recently requesting information but received no reply. Also, my access to the Fife Bird Club has been awaiting access for a little while now and an e-mail I sent using the online form has had no response either. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a secret society :)

Andrew would I be right in thinking that the FifeBirdNews twitter account is not regularly used much, compared to e.g. Birding Lothian? As well as a general lack of reports I've replied to a couple of tweets recently requesting information but received no reply. Also, my access to the Fife Bird Club has been awaiting access for a little while now and an e-mail I sent using the online form has had no response either. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a secret society :)

I'm not totally sure what the best way to get bird news from Fife at the moment, other than just via national news providers. Also not sure what the Fife Bird Club are like these days. Sorry not to be more help!

Hi Cuckoo-Shrike,
I've just sent you a PM that should answer your questions. I had the same problems getting going with the FBC last year. There is no secrecy, just a few admin issues I found. I have found them all very helpful once past the admin problems. If what I sent you doesn't solve the problem, let me know.

Regards,
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back