• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon announce 750D & 760D cameras. (1 Viewer)

Some (most?) sites don't mention this at all. It would seem to be a radical departure for Canon so I find that very strange.

I've found a couple of other previews that mention it but not a dicky on the cameras' specs on Canon's official site. I am guessing that some previewer thought he heard it and wanted to be first to release the news and a few others have followed suit.

Would be a nice feature to go with my 400 5.6!

Not that I need another camera

My thoughts exactly image stabilised 400 5.6 nice,I think the reviewers may have gotten confused with olympus announcing a new stabilised body at the same time.

Steve.

Would be a nice feature to go with my 400 5.6!
Even if the body-based IS rumour were true, it probably wouldn't help.
If you double the lens focal length, the image moves twice as far on the sensor for the same amount of shake, so you have to move the sensor twice as far, twice as fast. It seems that about 300mm is about the practical limit, as those companies who use sensor shift stabilisation don't sell lenses longer than this.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back