• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Lark, Malaga, Spain, 11/04/18 (1 Viewer)

Ixer

Any help on this lark? The crest is telling me crested lark but are there any telltale id features that I'm missing in this heavily cropped photo? I've never seen crested lark before.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_6a6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6a6.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 82
At first look, it would be Crested or Thekla's Lark but zooming into the photo the bill looks long, which is good for Crested, which I think it is. As a guidline only, Thekla's are common inland in rocky, hilly areas whereas Crested is the one normally found on sandy coast, agricultural land, beach car parks etc.

At first look, it would be Crested or Thekla's Lark but zooming into the photo the bill looks long, which is good for Crested, which I think it is. As a guidline only, Thekla's are common inland in rocky, hilly areas whereas Crested is the one normally found on sandy coast, agricultural land, beach car parks etc.

Thanks for the reply and advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back