• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

African raptors and birds on buffalo (1 Viewer)

sascha_chen

Thanks to all the great help yesterday, the Southern African birds are all identified successfully. When going through my pictures last night, I found five more where I hope you can help:

#1 - Ngorongoro crater rim, Tanzania, June 2017. Sorry for the bad resolution, but maybe someone can tell?
#2 - Masai Mara, Kenya, June 2017. Thought it could be a juvenile Tawny?
#3 - Lake Manyara, Tanzania, June 2017. From what I learned yesterday, I would guess Wahlberg's Eagle?
#4 - Okavango Delta, Botswana, March 2018. This guy confuses me due to the completely blackish-grey bill. Is it a juvenile?
#5 - Masai Mara, Kenya, June 2017: Birds on a buffalo, but they are not oxpeckers. I was thinking about starlings, do not know which ones they could be.

Attachments

• Raptor Tanzania Ngorongoro flying.jpg
    Raptor Tanzania Ngorongoro flying.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Raptor 2 Kenya.jpg
    Raptor 2 Kenya.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 39
  • Raptor 3 Tanzania.jpg
    Raptor 3 Tanzania.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Birds on Buffalo.jpg
    Birds on Buffalo.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 90
2 is a young Tawny indeed and 3 is really difficult: Wahlberg’s or still Tawny? Massive body and long vertical nostril look better for Tawny

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back