• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bangladesh - Cox's Bazar (1 Viewer)

Zangazanga

Hello,
I was along the shore at a spot where there is a sand spit of land which becomes more or less connected to rest of the shore depending on tide. This is my first best morning to go birding since COVID-19 first started to cause movement restrictions months ago.
I certainly saw two plovers. I think these are Lesser Sand Plovers, but I have not ID'd this species before, so I not too confident. As well I got a couple of not great views of a couple of other shore birds. My impression is perhaps a Sanderling, and another (Green Sandpiper???). Also was a pair of wagtails. One is definately (in my mind at least) a White-wagtail, of some sub-species, but the second wagtail was white and grey with no black. Is this a female? or is it another species?
It was a nice morning, but I don't have any good grasp of any of the birds in this part of the world. So if anyone can assist or point me in direction on confirming these ID's, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• cropped P1001628 maybe sanderling.jpg
    cropped P1001628 maybe sanderling.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 41
  • cropped P1001627 what shorebird.jpg
    cropped P1001627 what shorebird.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 46
  • cropped P1001612 white wagtail what ssp.jpg
    cropped P1001612 white wagtail what ssp.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 40
  • cropped P1001611 wagtail but no black so what.jpg
    cropped P1001611 wagtail but no black so what.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 39
  • cropped P1001622 believe lesser sand plover.jpg
    cropped P1001622 believe lesser sand plover.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 43
Common sandpiper, White wagtail (split as Amur leucopsis I think) and a Sand-plover species - not sure if Lesser or Greater from this photo.

Common sandpiper, White wagtail (split as Amur leucopsis I think) and a Sand-plover species - not sure if Lesser or Greater from this photo.

thank you Daniel, I will upload another shot of the Sand Plover, not sure if this assists at all in differentiating between the two

Attachments

• lesser sand plover and other.jpg
    lesser sand plover and other.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back