• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Probably hardware problem (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Today, the image on my screen is jumping up and down, especially shortly after I have gone from dark screen to actually viewing something. I have already updated the video card adapter driver, with no change. I also chose the reset option in the menu built into the display.

Is this most likely to be a problem with the monitor itself or with the adaptor? my system is a tower system from HP with a Nvidia card and a samsung monitor. I am running Win 10.

thank you in advance
Niels

Additional information: the size of what I have on the screen now goes outside the visible area, especially at the top. To some extent it looks as if a little of the image now is visible at the bottom of the page. Please see attachments. Also notice that the entire monitor is now filled with horizontal lines, it is as if the resolution is wrong relative to the actual pixels. changing resolution does not change this. first image shows top and second shows bottom of the monitor.

Niels

Attachments

• 2020-08-31 14.59.46.jpg
    2020-08-31 14.59.46.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-08-31 15.00.04.jpg
    2020-08-31 15.00.04.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 9
What cable connection are you using? It is worth checking the connections and swapping out the cable if you have more than one. Also change the connection type if you can, a lot of computers will offer different connectors eg HDMI, DVI, Displayport and the same with monitors. Try a different set.

I was able to borrow a different monitor. I used a DVI cable on my setup but this other monitor demanded a display-port cable, and with that things were great. I could use the same displayport cable on my own monitor but then the error was back. I therefore conclude it is the actual monitor. A well, it did survive a hurricane in 2017 (as did the entire setup), so I guess it has done its time.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back