• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best journal (1 Viewer)

fopianki

Hi folks, what journal do people use for year and life lists? I know this is a simple question but I can't find any recommendations...Thanks!

How long is a piece of string?

The term 'best' is nebulous to say the least!

The Clements list used by many but so is the IOC.

Downloading something like Scythebill will allow at the click of a mouse to use both once you've entered the data.

http://www.scythebill.com/download.html

I personally use the IOC which adopts a slightly more liberal attitude to speciation and would be 20 odd species worse off under Clements.

Scythebill is amazing, once your data is in there you can generate a list for your next destination and it will show you all potential ticks. When searching it can be a pain to type in the whole name of a species but.....enter e.g LBBG and it will bring up all possibilites like Like Lesser Black-backed Gull, very easy to use. The hard work is actually entering the data which, depending on how much detail you want to include, can be a mammoth task, you can even import pictures.

If you use a system like this, do make sure it's backed up once complete!

Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back