• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No house martins this year? (1 Viewer)

mmilne

I normally get house martins nesting under the eaves of my house every year - usually at least 6 occupied nests - and they're always here before the end of April.

This year, I haven't seen a single one, though there are several pairs of swallows in the barn. Has anyone else got nesting house martins in the area? I'm on the Berkshire/Hampshire border.

Same here in Maidenhead yesterday. Non birder friends commented that none had yet returned to repair or build nests on their rendered house just near Woburn Green.

I spoke too soon!

At 5pm today I saw about 15-20 house martins wheeling above the house. They haven't shown any interest in the nests yet, but at least they're here!

Three weeks later than normal - I guess there was some adverse weather on the way north.

Saw several just downstream of the Eton/Windsor footbridge mid afternoon but still seem scarce around Maidenhead I'm informed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back