• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bookshops in Malaga (1 Viewer)

Warixenjalka

Birdwitcher
Finland
Hi,

Where in Malaga – Granada area I can found good bookshop with bird books in english? Or are there any specialized birders shop?

Bookshops of any sort are a good deal less frequent in Spain than in the UK and even when found many of them have few, if any, books on birds in Spanish let alone English. I don't know either city well, but in Malaga there's a big 'fnac' store in the Alameda Principal which had some books on birds in September (though none as I recall in English). There's also a shop called 'Luces' in the same street, but I didn't visit it. An internet search also threw up Rayuela Idiomas in Plaza de la Madrid. In Manliva there's the 'English Bookshop' at 12 Calle Bolivia which may be worth a try (I've not been there) and there's 'Shakespeare Bookshop' (Calle Lagasco 69, San pedro de Alcantara). If Jerez de la Frontera isn't too far then the Libreria Agricola in Calla Paul (www.agricolajerez.com) alawys has a good range of books on birds (although few in English). Realistically, though, I suspect a visit to Gibraltar, where there are a couple of decent bookshops, is your best bet,

It may be wise to contact "The Gibraltar Bookshop" in advance (300 Main Street
Gibraltar - Telephone: 20071894; Fax: 2007; they may now have an email address, but I don't know it) to check if they have the books you want and, if not, give them time to get a copy. You could also try contacting the GONHS form whose website I learn that wildlife books are sold by "The Nature Shop at Casemates and in the Alameda Gardens".

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back