• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World's End Info (1 Viewer)

Richard G

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was any more up to date info on World's End (other than what comes up in a forum search)?

I'm looking for up to date info about exactly where to park for viewing Black Grouse. I am aware of the sensitivity of the species & I have a date in April when I will be in the area (picking student child up from Bangor).

I have accommodation booked in the area so I can be on-site before 1st light & I intend to use the car as a hide. I have one shot at a visit this year so want to make the most of it.

If anyone has any info & is willing to pass it on by PM it would be appreciated if you didn't want to place in a public forum.

TIA,

Richard

Last edited:
Sorry this is late. Went for first time at weekend. While first light would probably be great I had great views of lekking birds between 930 and 10 and a few single grouse of both species while driving.

If you’re coming from Wrexham side there is a lay-by on your right a few minutes before hitting a cattle grid and fence before the road starts to quickly descend through some forestry. If you’re coming from Llangollen you might have to go through a few cattle grids but it’s very soon after crossing one that brings you out on moorland. The grouse were displaying on a hill facing the lay-by at a reasonable distance but very easy to see

Chances are there will be people watching from the lay-by. I think space rather than the birds is the reason gjr an early start

No probs Owen.

I have a really comprehensive reply by PM so I found where I needed to be, and I got there last weekend too (although I was on site from 5.15 a.m.) There were 3 other cars already parked up so goodness knows what time they arrived.

I was a bit p****d off by people getting out of their cars and walking up & down the road, giving no consideration to flushing the birds off the lek (although to be fair they did drift back). I would have been mightily peeved if they'd flushed & not returned.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back