• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from a Casual Birder in Hampshire, UK (1 Viewer)

CasualBirderPod

Casual Birder
Hi, I call myself a Casual Birder, because I take pleasure in seeing the birds that are around me in my daily life. However, I also travel with birding in mind.

I host a podcast about birdwatching that aims to encourage people to take more of an interest in the birds and wildlife around them. The podcast is based on my own observations, but I also have guests so that I can learn about new birds that I haven't yet seen. I mainly feature UK birds, but I also include birds from Europe, US, Canada and Australia where I can.

Since starting the podcast I have made sure that I go birding every week and I am learning so much more from my sightings and interactions with others.

I am looking forward to reading about everyone's sightings and experiences.

Hi and welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site and that it inspires a few ideas for your podcast.
Cheers,
Andy

Hi and welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site and that it inspires a few ideas for your podcast.
Cheers,
Andy

Thank you, Andy
For clarification, I only talk about my own experiences on my podcast, unless I have guests or contributions from people who submit their sightings / experiences by email.
However, I am travelling several times over the next year and will be looking for ideas or birding hotspots to help with my birding experiences. :)

Hi CasualBirderPod and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Casual Birder, welcome to Bird Forum. I am sure you will enjoy your visits here.

Here are a couple of ideas for birding sites to add to your travel list. Firstly I would visit the coast of Suffolk and explore the reserves of Minsmere and Walberswick. Minsmere is a famous RSPB reserve so you have to be ok with it being sometimes very busy but it is an exceptional reserve and there is much more to it than just the Scrape where the avocets began nesting all those years ago. Walberswick is entirely different and needs more work but your efforts will be well rewarded. At both sites you can expect Marsh Harriers, Bearded Reedlings and Bitterns with the likelihood of migrants at most times of year. In the height of the season there will be dragonflies and in the autumn bush-crickets.

Travel up north to Strathspey in the east highlands of Scotland and in Abernethy you can find Crested Tits, Red Squirrels as well as local speciality dragonflies and damselflies.

Good luck with your birding and nature observations.

Lee

Welcome to BirdForum from another Hampshire Hog (fairly near you)! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back