Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

ipod external speakers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Friday 20th January 2006, 14:37   #1
LCB48

ipod external speakers

I recently heard of someone using a portable external speaker on their ipod, with bird songs loaded, to call birds in. Do any of you know what type of speaker is used for this? I did some web searches and the reviews on the speakers I found were not good.

Thanks for your help, --Linda
Old Friday 20th January 2006, 16:28   #2
PaulK
Accident Prone Birdwatcher

When using external speaker on my ipod I use the Intempo IDS-01 speakers and they seem to be alright. I haven't tried attracting birds however.
Old Friday 20th January 2006, 17:37   #3
Capercaillie71

My wife uses Logic3 i-station external speakers for her ipod. They are very good and can be powered by batteries or mains electric. Reasonably small and portable too, but probably not very rugged.
Old Friday 20th January 2006, 18:45   #4
Colin Key
BANNED HERE, AND MANY OTHER FORUMS

I started with Creative Travelsound speakers but they distort quite badly at max volume. Now using Altec Lansing inMotion (iM4) with my iRiver H340 loaded with the Andreas Schulze collection of 17 CD's. These speakers take 4 AA batteries and are as good as you can get for portable non-mains units. They will work with any HD or MP3 player with a line-out connection. I get a 90% success rate for calling-in birds.
Old Tuesday 31st January 2006, 17:52   #5
iporali

Hi Linda!

Have you checked this?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...s&mco=FB6F5008

One very good (but quite expensive) option is the Tivoli iPal.

Ilkka
Old Wednesday 9th April 2008, 18:56   #6
bwarner

Hands down the best Speakers I've seen and used for this exact purpose are some speakers manufactured by LG. They are the MSP-101, MSP-200, or "portable stereo speakers" they fold up and connect to an iPod or cell phone with a 3' long cable. They are Very Loud if need be, the volume can be controlled via the iPod or on the new model (MSP-200) also on the speakers. They have an internal re-chargable battery with on off switch, LED charge indicators etc. The great part about them is they are so small, in a folding design they are about the same size as a small flip cellular phone. Really really awesome speakers, not great for bass response obviously, but perfect for bird song/calls.

Search for them at Cellular phone stores such as Verizon Wireless. I got mine on sale for 20 dollars but they retail for about 50 u.s. dollars. Worth the price tho, perfect field speakers.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: