• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Balance Rail (1 Viewer)

Daphna Feingold

hello,
I am using a STX 85 objective with a Canon 7D which are all mounted on a Manfrotto tripod + head. unfortunately the balance of the whole contraption is not good at all and unless the tripod head is locked, it all tilts backwards.
I am looking to purchase the TRII Swarovski spotting scope rail. can anyone comment? review? it is not a cheap rail and would like to confirm that it will fit both the camera and the tripod.
thanks,
Daphna

The answer is, yes, it will work, I think they're great, but try to get one. They've been on backorder for months and months.

I would like to know if the TRII balance Rail would support my STX 95 scope with a Canon 1D4 attached onto a manfrotto 501 HDV head. How does the rail attach to the tripod head? Is it by the usual 3/8ths screw?

Mike

I would like to know if the TRII balance Rail would support my STX 95 scope with a Canon 1D4 attached onto a manfrotto 501 HDV head. How does the rail attach to the tripod head? Is it by the usual 3/8ths screw?

Mike

Mike,

I have the same setup using Nikon D300s + battery pack on 501/502 video head. It does balance but much better when I used it on gimbal head. It uses the same screw too ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back