• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarotop, Swarodur, Swarobright - when introduced ? (1 Viewer)

I would also like to know if the EL series were introduced with swarobright or were these coatings introduced later.

solentbirder said:
Does anyone know when these coatings were introduced to the SLC range ?
Many thanks.
I'm not sure of the year, but all serial numbers in the SLC series above 68xxxxxxx have the updated coatings. Those coatings were improved again (but not renamed) with the SLC "Neu" and the difference is noticeable as better color and contrast.

josika said:
I would also like to know if the EL series were introduced with swarobright or were these coatings introduced later.
The EL series was introduced with the newest Swarobright coatings and they have not changed throughout the production run from what I've observed.

angelo225544 said:
I'm not sure of the year, but all serial numbers in the SLC series above 68xxxxxxx have the updated coatings. Those coatings were improved again (but not renamed) with the SLC "Neu" and the difference is noticeable as better color and contrast.

Thanks very much Angelo. That's very useful to know.

angelo225544 said:
The EL series was introduced with the newest Swarobright coatings and they have not changed throughout the production run from what I've observed.
Thank you, I have made the same request from Swarowski but have rceived no replies.

Hey, I'm new to these forums and to optics in general so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I have just purchased secondhand a pair of 7x30B SLCs and would like to know if they have these coatings. The serial number is not in the format above so I am not sure if I can find out that way. The serial number is DA7506831.
I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Zeroman_IR said:
Hey, I'm new to these forums and to optics in general so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I have just purchased secondhand a pair of 7x30B SLCs and would like to know if they have these coatings. The serial number is not in the format above so I am not sure if I can find out that way. The serial number is DA7506831.
I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Welcome to BF Zeroman, I can not answer your question with certainty, but I have the 7x30B SLC also (D69xxxxxxx purchased new in 2000) and absolutely love it. I believe that none of the 7x30s have the Swaobright coating, but let me add that I was lucky enough to buy a EL8x30 due to a store closing and a closeout price, and somehow I prefer the 7x30. The focus wheel on the 7x30 is super smooth and the 7x30 seems easier (for me) to use with eye glasses. Just enjoy them and I’ll bet as you add binos to your collection you may find yourself returning to them often.

Zeroman,
There have been alot of posts on this binocular over the last year or so on this forum, if only you can track them down. They appear to be well on their way to becoming a "Cult Classic."
Cordially,
Bob

angelo225544 said:

Coatings have gotten so good that improvements are very minor. A difference of a few percent should not really be noticeable, and it may be a combination of improvements that result in better color and contrast.

Clear skies, Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back