• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (4 Viewers)

Two more today, Red-backed Kingfisher and Brown Songlark at Priors Pocket in Brisbane. That makes it 14 lifers in the last two weeks!! Dry conditions in west Queensland have pushed loads of bush-land bird eastwards which has been fantastic.

2017 ticks:

PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER, Lake Como [ITA], Jan 14 PIC

DALMATIAN PELICAN, Lake Kerkini [GR], May 2 PIC

EASTERN ORPHEAN WARBLER, Evros Delta [GR], May 3 PIC

LEVANT SPARROWHAWK, Evros Delta [GR], May 3 PIC

OLIVE-TREE WARBLER, Evros Delta [GR], May 4 PIC

EASTERN BONELLI'S WARBLER, Dadia Forest [GR], May 4 PIC

BLACK HERON, Apulia [ITA], Jun 2 PIC

STEPPE EAGLE, Apulia [ITA], Jun 3 PIC

BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER, Tuscany [ITA], Sep 23

DUSKY WARBLER, Emilia [ITA], Oct 1 PIC

American Golden Plover at Dale, Pembrokeshire a week ago.
Annoyingly, Birdtrack is now insisting the presumed-escaped Red-breasted Goose at Slimbridge last weekend is a lifer, so I now either have to somehow see a real one or accept a permanent glitch in my list.

Black Scoter (8 October)
Red-flanked Bluetail (22 October)
Hume's Warbler (22 October)
All three new species for Iceland, although the Black Scoter turned up in 2016, just took me a year to twitch it.

Balearic Shearwater while on holiday in Devon last week. Not much call for them in the east midlands even if Rutland water has Atlantic size rollers on occasion. 3:)

Knew I'd forgotten to do something..!

Rock Thrush - and what a bird! - at Pwll-du Quarries, now two weeks ago.

[[No mealworms were harmed in my ticking of this bird ;) ]]

Two lifers: Pink-billed Lark on Thursday 26 Oct and Caspian Plover on Friday 27 Oct during a five-day birding outing to Etosha National Park in Namibia.

Were you somewhere in South America?

Hi Larry,

Yes, I was in South America. It was a South American cruise that my wife, brother-in-law and sister-in-law in February 2017. We got 54 lifers while there. We saw 3 different species of penguin, 3 species of Albatross and others. It was a very nice cruise.
See attached pdf for itinerary.

Michael

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.15.11 PM.PDF
    216.9 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back