• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MacWet gloves (1 Viewer)

Rotherbirder

United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of the brand and/or their performance and suitability for birding? They are marketed primarily towards - dare I say it - the 'h*nting, sho*ting & f*shing' fraternity and are made to provide a degree of weatherproofing and insulation as well as improved grip and dexterity in wet weather. They are expensive at around £30 a pop but, if they are as good as they say ...

Any comments/critiques appreciated.

RB

Last edited:
Are you just looking for waterpoof gloves with "decent" cold-weather performance?

I don't know if you can get these in the UK, but I swear by these for cycling in the rain:

https://www.showerspass.com/collections/mens-gloves/products/crosspoint-waterproof-knit-gloves

They have more dexterity, warmth, and waterproofness than a whole range of technical winter gloves for cycling I've tried, and since they have no extra palm padding, they just make nice wear-around (off the bike) gloves whether it's wet or not. They also make a glove liner version if you prefer another outer glove (or want to layer). Wish they had these back when I was motorcycling.

I also swear by their waterpoof socks too. |:D|

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back