• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular Classifieds (1 Viewer)

Upland

I’m wondering what classifieds members use to find deals on binos. In addition to the forum here I check out the following: 24hourcampfire, Archery Talk, Rockslide, Ebay, and Craigslist. Are there others that are useful? Please share. Thanks

As a supporting vendor here as well as on 24hour, Archery Talk and many others it is our pleasure to assist you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000.
Have a great evening,
Doug

I agree plus he has a great sense of humor! I’m actually hoping to find sites other than retailers where one can buy and sell binos through individuals. From the lack of replies I guess there is not a lot of interest in this.

Neither of those links worked for me.
Funny reasons however.

Sorry the page you are looking for cannot be found.
Rumor says it has been lost in NF 404 nebula.

Sniper's Hide occasionally will have great deals on slightly used binoculars and spotting scopes, although the vast majority of optics sold are rifle scopes.

ArcheryTalk is a great site for affordable deals on used binoculars. I've bought and sold probably 10 pair there over the years, including a pair I just bought for my wife.

Just got hosed on a deal on Ebay. Found the EXACT pair that I already own (and love) for $99 and the seller backed out on me. Said they were "broken" then wouldn't provide proof (I asked to send me a picture of the broken part or I would report him to Ebay). I had to report him. 1st time I had to do that but the folks at Ebay thanked me after reading our correspondence. Rarely is any "deal" I get on Ebay an actual deal anymore.

Justabirdwatcher,

That is odd, but then again we see something we like, seller unknown...then problems. Too bad, I wonder why folks list something then stop? lots of strange ones out there.

Andy W.

eBay isn’t the greatest also because the fees are so high. 10% eBay fee plus 3% PayPal. It’s hard to give someone a great deal if you have to absorb those fees. Having said that it does get a lot of traffic and I’ve bought and sold lots of items there. You just need to be careful. Best to ask a seller lots of questions before bidding.

Those %s can add up explaining the asking prices, sometimes a bit high should we say. I am thinking of using another venue to sell optics, I guess Astromart could be a viable alternative, and here of course. I will have to take time to review their process, a small fee of $15 is OK up front to have total access to buy and sell. Perhaps there the members are more knowledgeable about optical products, unlike Ebay.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back