• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Grey Shrike (1 Viewer)

Congratulations Mike,

Very nice footage! I suppose the lizard is Ophisops sp.(?). In Turkey, these birds piles their preys to the needles of thickets before they eat them. I suggest a good quality UV filter on your 58mm canon lens to prevent the haze. I am sure you have one but believe me the quality of the filter effects the picture quality (which is very good in this case) directly. Waiting for you to share more footages.

Murat Ozcelik

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Murat,

The lizard is a Common Lizard (Lacerta vivipara). I have tried a UV filter, but when used through the scope, it does not have any benefit. I think that the combination of the rising air turbulence (heat haze) and the confused background resulted in some softness in the footage.

Attached below are three videograbs taken from the footage.

Mike

Attachments

• MVI_1181bg.jpg
    MVI_1181bg.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 89
  • MVI_1190ebg.jpg
    MVI_1190ebg.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 95
  • MVI_1190mbg.jpg
    MVI_1190mbg.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 96
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back