• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2nd heron photo - opinions (1 Viewer)

Paul Collins

Hello,

This is the same heron as the one in my previous thread, taken on the same day, when it attempted to get a fish. Unfortunately, it did not catch anything.

I went to photograph this splendid bird for three days in the winter of 2006, spending five hours a day in the same place, by the same stream, poised only a few feet away from it as it attempted time and time again to fish. Thus I spent 15 hours in his company, and always felt thrilled when after several minutes of doing nothing, he would suddenly run and strike at a frog in front of him (with no success). I affectionately named him Mr. Jones the heron - I have no idea why, the name just came to me.

Please give me all of your opinions on this picture - in admiration or in criticism. All views are welcome.

Thanks,
Paul.

eerer.jpg

I played around with your image and adjusted the colour hue and saturation levels, then applied some filter with "Neat image"

I hope you like the result. :t:

Attachments

• eerer1.jpg
    eerer1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 115
Nice image. I've also had a go at adjusting the noise and upping the saturation just a touch:

Attachments

• 2130949100_3d71cf4294.jpg
    2130949100_3d71cf4294.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 95
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back