• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World's Highest Quality Digiscoping Set-up (1 Viewer)

Muratfaik

Of course not! But at least one of them. Zeiss Super Achromat 350mm 5.6 could be better. But I am happy with this one. I didn't find much time to play with this lens. My preliminary findings and thoughts are extremely positive. As I wrote on my vimeo site, good quality German lenses are in a different league and todays common computer hardware (ccd's, screens etc.) is not enough to show this lens's real quality. I attach both Leica TO-R adapter and Nikon Telescope adapter and the quality of the scope is very very high. I plan to make some tests with my IPhone4 soon. Here is the first results with my new set-up:

http://www.vimeo.com/26334741

And my new bird channel:

http://www.vimeo.com/channels/murat

Thanks for looking.

Murat F. Özçelik

Attachments

• leica apo 180.jpg
    leica apo 180.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 302
Hi Murat,

I cannot believe that over 100 people have looked at your post without having the courtesy to comment on your results. The quality of the video image is very good with great control of depth of field. It looks to be a very versatile combination which would be useful for close range work.

Mike

It would be very interesting to see some still images from a DSLR if you have the means to do it. The depth of field and colours are amazing. Neil.

Hi Mike, Larry and Neil,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I really like this combination. But nowadays I have almost no time to play with it. You can be sure that I will post many footages that is taken with this lens soon. On the other hand. I have 3 other lenses that are waiting for conversion: Contax 400mm f4, Contax mirotar 500mm f8 and Canon 300mm f5.6 fl-f. The last one is produced in year 1969 and according to some reviews is is an awesome lens which contains two pure fluorite crystal. If this lens gives close results to Leica Apo Elmarit 180mm (hopefully), this will be my favorite lens for digiscoping. Because it only weights 880 g and is olny 16.5 cm. Best wishes.

Murat Ozcelik

A unique setup indeed it is. What is the blue component that is fixed to the tripod i.e. the one between the lens and the camera attachment?

Dear Sir,

I meant the blue optical element between the lens and camera sorry. It is the part of the setup that connects to the ball head. Is it an adapter of some sort?

Regards,

Hor Kee

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back