• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swallow and other small birds, Oregon, 8-21-2016 (1 Viewer)

howiewu

Hi, I took these pictures on Aug. 21, 2016 at Trillium Lake (near Mt. Hood) in Oregon.

I think the chickadee is Chestnut-backed and the nuthatch is Red-breasted, but not sure about the swallow, Purple Martin perhaps?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Howard

Attachments

• swallow1.jpg
    swallow1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 31
  • swallow2.jpg
    swallow2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 35
  • chickadee.jpg
    chickadee.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 32
  • nuthatch.jpg
    nuthatch.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 40
I thought Vaux's Swift would be easy on our trip to Washington and Oregon. It was anything but. The overwhelming majority of the swifts I saw were White-throateds. Finally in the semi-arid center of Oregon, I spotted a few Vaux's going in and out of the chimney of the bed-and-breakfast where we were staying. And that was it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back