• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beacon hill Park and Clover Point( Lapland Longspur, Thayer's Gull, and Bohemian Waxw (1 Viewer)

canadagurl123

Well during my long lunch break again I went to Beacon hill Park and Clover Point. It was really windy and it was sprinkling. The birds were decent although and some new ones from migration. Here's a list of them:
Golden crowned Kinglet( lots on one tree and first of the fall)
Cedar Waxwings ( everywhere in Beacon Hill Prk but in one tree there was over 50)
Bohemian Waxwing( rare sight around here but helps in identification when nearCedars)
Brown Creeper( got a photo finally of one of them)
Red breasted Nuthatch( dozens in several places in the park)
Yellow rumped Warbler
Barn swallow( odd for so late but there was a swallow flying overhead)
Downy Woodpecker ( in one patch of trees must've been 20)
Hairy Woodpecker( 1 near the Downies but could tell the difference when looking at both)
Anna's Hummingbird( lots including one sitting on a branch for a few minutes and some nice photos)
Northwestern Crow
Glaucous winged Gull
Chestnut sided Chickadee
American Robin
Hooded Merganser( two still in beautiful breeding plumage usually only see thim in their winter)
Mallard (including a very melanistic male juvenile)
American Wigeon
European Wigeon( a female but when looking at bird book and comparing to Americans definately European)
Great Blue Heron
Northern Flicker
Sharp shinned Hawk
Song Aprrow
House Sparrow
On the way to Clover Point
Bewicks and Winter Wren( the winter was first of the year)
Harlequin Duck
Surf Scoter
black Turnstone
Mew Gull
Lincoln's Sparrow
American Pipit
At Clover Point
Greater White fronted Goose( first of the year and flew right over my head making lots of noise)
Canada Goose
Red Phalarope
Ruddy Turnstone
Surfbird
Brandt's Cormorant
Double crested Cormorant( really tell the size of head difference to Brandt's when they're next to each other)
Thayer's Gull( year bird yeah!!!! so happy to see)
California Gull
Ring billed Gull
Ancient Murrelet
Pigeon Guillemot
Rock Dove
Lapland Longspur( just as I was leaving saw a couple on the ground!!)
Also the usual Peafowl running loose around Beacon Hill. I think this beats my last lunch break trip. This was also shorter and alot of fast walking.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back