• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

casio exilim F1 with kowa 884 (1 Viewer)

When you look at reviews the camera has a lot of negatives, bugs etc. Plus as a stills camera the images are pretty poor viewed close up, high ISO noise etc even at ISO200. Over the next few months and next year we're going to start to see more and more models coming out with hd video capability so probably best to wait for someone to get it right.

Paul.

A newer model of this camera - Casio Exilim EX-FH20 - is due next month and promises 2M more pixels (of course) although this drops to 7M in high speed photography. See
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08091601casio_fh20.asp

Whatever the shortfalls in this camera, I have to say I was very impressed by the shots posted on the above link. It surely looks like an end to those awful grainy video-grab shots of rarities seen in the past. In my ignorance it's enough to make me wonder if, in the near future, photographers will take a short burst of video and select still shots from the results rather than aim just to take stills alone

John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back