• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7x43ED3 Release Date (1 Viewer)

Hope Charles can confirm the date soon - I am very interested in getting a pair, and given that my Leica 10x32 BAs have to go back to Leica for repair for the second time in 12 months(!) I want to get the Zen-Rays as a back-up pair...

Last edited:
Ted,

My guess is that he read it but didn't get a chance to reply yet. He probably has to check with the factory to see what progress has been made towards the production models. You should probably hear something soon I would think.

Frank

i am looking forward to reading your review on it,i think you will get a pair to review before there released anyway i was thinking a pair to take to ohio whitetail hunting the 21st oct.

Ted,

I hope to get one of the early production units but there are never any guarantees. I plan on comparing it directly to the 7x43 prototype as well as the 7x36 ED2.

As for having it before a specific date....my deadline is a bit later than yours. I am hoping to have it before my birthday on the 28th. ;)

Frank
well there is definately nothing wrong with my 8x43ED3 so they will be going with me,you will probally get yours when i am in ohio i will be gone 9 days so hopefully i will be able to get some kind of take on your review,my main concern with the 7x is i am hoping they are a tad brighter at dusk,the depth of field a little better and the field of view a little better compared to my 8x43ED3 but i am hoping you compare them to the 8x43ED3 also,your reviews always cover all aspects so i will be watching for it.the big concern for the 7x mostly is i am having a hard time holding my 8x steady to where they are not moving, the 7x i should be able to hold still.10 years ago i could hold 10x stiller then these 8x thats getting pretty bad,looking at 10 years from now is a little scary......lol

Frank
well there is definately nothing wrong with my 8x43ED3 so they will be going with me,you will probally get yours when i am in ohio i will be gone 9 days so hopefully i will be able to get some kind of take on your review,my main concern with the 7x is i am hoping they are a tad brighter at dusk,the depth of field a little better and the field of view a little better compared to my 8x43ED3 but i am hoping you compare them to the 8x43ED3 also,your reviews always cover all aspects so i will be watching for it.the big concern for the 7x mostly is i am having a hard time holding my 8x steady to where they are not moving, the 7x i should be able to hold still.10 years ago i could hold 10x stiller then these 8x thats getting pretty bad,looking at 10 years from now is a little scary......lol

Ted,

You find "nothing" wrong with your 8X43 ED3's?
I just happen to have a pair of them, the view is stellar but the focus is less than good IMHO.
I find the focus way to fast and I hope the "slop" in the focusing wheel is adressed with the next series of these fine optics.

Cheers,
Ray

Ted,

I just happen to have a pair of them, the view is stellar but the focus is less than good IMHO.
I find the focus way to fast and I hope the "slop" in the focusing wheel is adressed with the next series of these fine optics.

Cheers,
Ray

Ray

i know what you mean about the fast focus,i liked the focus on the ED2 i had better it had a much bigger sweet spot,the focus on 10x43 ED2 was a lot touchier then the 8x ED2 but the 8x43ED3 are really touchy its very easy to over focus,but opticaly they are awesome my buddy looked thru these when we were scouting first thing that came out of his mouth was wow these things are bright and clear i just chuckled.but as you stated i hope the focus on the 7x43ED3 is in comparison with the 8x43ED2

Ted,

Sorry, I have been away from the forum for a while, trying to keep up with the new posts here.

We expect to fill the initial 7x43 ED3 order by the middle of November.

Thanks

Charles

Ted,

Cheers,
Ray

Ray - I have no problem with fast focus once you get used to it (I cut my teeth on the Bausch & Lomb Elite 8 x 42, the ultimate focus speedster), but slop in the focus is a real downer. I also am somewhat wary of insufficient eye relief resulting in blackouts for use without glasses. All of that said, I still can't wait for these glasses to be released.

We will ship the 7x43 ED3 on 11/15. A limited number of units will be available for pre-order starting from 10/14.

Thanks for the patience.

Charles

Ray - I have no problem with fast focus once you get used to it (I cut my teeth on the Bausch & Lomb Elite 8 x 42, the ultimate focus speedster), but slop in the focus is a real downer. I also am somewhat wary of insufficient eye relief resulting in blackouts for use without glasses. All of that said, I still can't wait for these glasses to be released.

chartwell,
I have no problem with the fast focus, i'm just not use to it I guess.:eek!:
The "slop" is another problem, it should not be there but it does help me with my novice fast focus "blues". The "slop" kinda keeps me from BF'ing the other way into another OOF image (if you know what I mean)
I have no problems with ER as I don't need to wear specticals using bins......but the view is pretty darn good IMHO.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back