• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Save the Spoon-billed Sandpiper (1 Viewer)

Mike E

Well at least I saw another Pitta- All 33 now UTB!
On Sunday 5th May members of the Oriental Bird club will be raising money for the Spoon-billed Sandpiper conservation breeding program. You too can help.

I personally will be cycling from the flagship reserve of Welney (WWT), Cambridgeshire to Salthouse in Norfolk. Not far for an experienced cyclist but I am a 50+ and mostly office bound and this is a daunting undertaking! Meanwhile John Gregory and Gregor Tubb (one of OBC youngest members) along with many others will be running the full length of the Norfolk coastal path a total distance of 37 miles.

These journeys however pale into insignificance compared to the one made by the critically endangered Spoon billed Sandpiper. The 8000km migration it undertakes is fraught with dangers and human pressures have taken their toll! So please help us raise funds for this important project.

Please go to www.justgiving.com/michael-edgecombe

More information at:

http://www.saving-spoon-billed-sandpiper.com/
www.surfbirds.com/community-blogs/b...rue&preview_id=32473&preview_nonce=548ba9edfc

www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/v2/Content/...orfolk_and_Cambridgeshire.aspx?s_id=593435527

Many thanks and please dig deep- I may only be able to do this once!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back