• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Roof 8x42 range (1 Viewer)

I have noticed it says in the form that the free pair would be delivered by 14 days of receipt of the proof of purchase. Tomorrow will 14 days since I sent the receipt so I expect to have some news this week.

Just purchased a pair of Opticron 8 x 42 Imagic BGA SE,very impressive.
I tested the 10 x 42's just to compare,slightly more magnification but with a narrower filed of view.
Both pairs were excellent but decided the 8 x 42's were for me.
Looking around the garden and further a field,a whole new world of vision has opened up.The clarity is superb.For the money I would say that is excellent value.
Have completed the form for the free pair of bins and will send it off in the morning.

I'm in the process of completing the Opticron registration card,it's asking for the serial number(If applicable)
Would this be the number in white on the focus wheel?

Mmmm, now that you mention it, I never registered my new pair. I wonder if that is a requirement to get the free pair.....will do today, check the serial number and revert.

Yes, the 8x42 are also slightly brighter. The serial numbre has to be the one that is on the focus wheel, it is next to the model so it is the logical place to put it.
I case you want to check, mine is 4 digits and finishes with 92. If you matches mine, then that is not :)

The Registration card I understand is in relation to the guarantee and was advised by the dealer who I bought them from to complete it in full and send to Opticron.
The number I have is a "White" 4 digit number,positioned between the "8 x 42" and "Field 7.0" and is different to yours :) Makes sense to be the serial number.The form for the free bins,does not ask for the serial number,they just need proof of purchase.

By the way, I received today an e-mail from Opticron saying that they were waiting for the 14 days period to expire to do the necessary checks (contact the retailer I bought the pair from) before they ship them to me.

Hopefully by the end of this week or next week I should receive them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back