• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the best photography tips you've received ? (1 Viewer)

senatore

I use a 7D with a 400 prime lens and mainly take shots of birds.

I've received loads of tips over the years but I think the best two (both via BF) were :-

* Moving the focussing away from the shutter button.

* Using a sling strap to carry the camera around.

What's the best tip you have received that you have been impressed with.

Max.

Not really a camera settings tip,but keep still let the bird/s come to you.Keep low don`t suddenly appear on the horizon.

Steve.

Best tips for me were apply the rule of thirds, Get up early in the morning and get down low on the ground or to eye level(although not always possible).

One I've just remembered was that if you print out your pics don't have "compatible inks" in your printer because the results you get are far inferior to the printer's own make inks.

Max.

One I've just remembered was that if you print out your pics don't have "compatible inks" in your printer because the results you get are far inferior to the printer's own make inks.

Max.

Not true if you get a printer profile done. £17 for a profile, which will make your prints exactly the same as proprietary inks, and you will save that on the first compatible purchase.

Best two tips I've had were ones that it took a long time for me to take on board.

1: Learn how to shoot manual.
2: RTF manual.

Cheers, Mike.

Perhaps don't bother because some one else will have taken a far better photo anyway at some time!

I so agree Geoff. I have a 'bridge' camera and I use it on the same settings all the time because - even after reading the instruction manual (170 odd pages) - I don't want to mess things up! I just know that I'm not getting the best out of it. Perhaps I'm a prime candidate for a beginner's course on photography.

Sandra

Its often difficult to distinguish between good advice and biased advice, particularly in terms of equipment. Micro focus adjustment and 100-400mm vs 400mm lenses come to mind.

Best advice i have received: dont blindly accept other people's opinions as fact. Test things out for yourself, and draw your own conclusions

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back