• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron F-ED Pics (1 Viewer)

...and 16-18.
Thanks and goodbye;)

Attachments

• zoom67_36mm.JPG
    zoom67_36mm.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 132
  • zoom67_54mm.JPG
    zoom67_54mm.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 128
  • zoom67_76mm.JPG
    zoom67_76mm.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 218
The weather is better today, so finally I could try some actual bird shots with the 18mm BST eyepiece. Adjusted light and sharpness, cropped 80% and resized. My impression is that the zoom and fixed EP is equal in terms of picture quality.

//Johan

Attachments

• BST_IMG_0950.JPG
    BST_IMG_0950.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 442
  • BST_IMG_1006.JPG
    BST_IMG_1006.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 448
  • BST_IMG_1034.JPG
    BST_IMG_1034.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 452
Nice photos both of you. Did either of you feel that the course focus knob was stiff when you first got your scope and did it loosen up any later on. I just got the 100 F-ED. Waiting on some adapters to try it out.

Rick

Nice photos both of you. Did either of you feel that the course focus knob was stiff when you first got your scope and did it loosen up any later on. I just got the 100 F-ED. Waiting on some adapters to try it out.

Rick

I have totally forgotten how stiff the coarse focus knob was when I first got it but it couldn't have been that bad if I stuck with it but I will probably say that it gets looser over time since now I am able to use the coarse focus only using my pinky with ease :king:

I definitely find the knobs more loose now then when I just received it.
They start to get stiff when it gets cold though (-degrees C).

These various shots are seriously tempting me towards the Regal 80 - it seems to be available for £440 from Amazon at the moment. One concern I have is whether or not it's supplied with a stay on case? Having watched my mate's scope hit the concrete floor of the hide at East Chevington the other day, he was very glad of the protection afforded by the stay on case, and I'd want one for the Celestron too....

These various shots are seriously tempting me towards the Regal 80 - it seems to be available for £440 from Amazon at the moment. One concern I have is whether or not it's supplied with a stay on case? Having watched my mate's scope hit the concrete floor of the hide at East Chevington the other day, he was very glad of the protection afforded by the stay on case, and I'd want one for the Celestron too....

It comes with a carry case but even that has to be taken off if you want to use it and as far as I know there is no stay on case sold for the Celestron scopes. I have dropped mine a few times and it feels like a pretty sturdy scope. Also Celestron offer warranty (lifetime in the US) not sure how much in the U.k, ten years? maybe..

I got out in the field with a new Celestron Regal 100 F-ED earlier this week. Since we had a number of photos taken with the regals here, I thought I would add a couple more so anyone searching for photos taken with this scope could access a good sample in this one thread. These are Red-winged Blackbirds taken with the Celestron 100 F-ED using a 17mm Baader Hyperion eyepiece and a Sony DSC-W330 p & s camera I got off the shelf at a local electronics outlet. Look forward to getting to know this scope and hope to see more photos from other users.

Rick

Attachments

• redwing751.jpg
    redwing751.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 407
  • redwing762.jpg
    redwing762.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 396
This is my first attempt to digiscoping with my pocket point n shoot Nikon S7c and the Regal 80mm F-ED, My eyesite is bad so my issue is focusing. These are my Purple Martins 25 yards, 30x on scope, full zoom on camera to remove the vignetting.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 358
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
For those of you using a dslr with this scope, what is your ISO Speed and exposure?

I recently bought the 65mm and have a sony a230 and haven't really had the time to get out and take some pictures yet.

Celestron Regal 100 F-ED at 22X with included eyepiece and Nikon D40 with 50mm f1.8 lens. Eastern Bluebird female at around 40 feet.

Rick

Attachments

• eabb_36.jpg
    eabb_36.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 752
Nice shots everyone, keep them coming so people get an all round opinion on the Regals performance.

Listing what camera and such is being used has is also very helpful.

Again Regal 80, Baader 17MM EP and Panasonic ls75

Attachments

• Wood Pigeon 007N.jpg
    Wood Pigeon 007N.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 281
  • LBB Gull 006N.jpg
    LBB Gull 006N.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 288
I just picked up a Regal 65,just curious as to what you guys think of the supplied eyepiece?From reading all the threads here it appears to be a good EP.I like the idea of using a zoom for ease of use,would a Baader Hyperion 8-24mm be an upgrade or just a step sideways?;)

I am sorry I missed this thread until now. I did post some pics over in the spotting scopes forum from way back when I first started tinkering with the 80 and 65 mm Regals. I am going to repost them below. I am barely a novice digiscoper but find it to be very fun and rewarding when I have the chance.

Only a couple decent bird shots but still something to place here.

Attachments

• purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 160
  • heron1.jpg
    heron1.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 205
  • hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 215
I am sorry I missed this thread until now. I did post some pics over in the spotting scopes forum from way back when I first started tinkering with the 80 and 65 mm Regals. I am going to repost them below. I am barely a novice digiscoper but find it to be very fun and rewarding when I have the chance.

Only a couple decent bird shots but still something to place here.

Nice to see you FrankD, when i first was searching for pictures taken with the Regal yours were the only ones I could go by!..

Anyway here is a erm think it was a Nene chick taken in Slimbridge

Attachments

• Goose Chick 004N.jpg
    Goose Chick 004N.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 231
I just made my own adapter out of PVC pipe,works and fits well on my Canon SD790IS.The pic of the street light is from about 40 yards away at 16x on my Regal 65.I know its not a bird shot,haven't had a chance to take it out yet,but so far it seems to take an ok pic on subjects that stand still.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 222
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 231
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back