• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

4 way camera show down - users of Sony RX/Canon S model/Nikon P330+V1 please comment (1 Viewer)

Boy Wonder

Warden - RSPB Lincolnshire Wash Reserves
Want/need to get into digiscoping, both for work, pleasure, ID/record shots and quality images for website.

I would like to be able to take record shots at distance for ID and read rings, to take high quality video and just good quality stills to illustrate my weekly sightings blog (so not mega amazing magazine front cover detail).

I am a birder first and foremost but I would like to document birds and wildlife on my reserve. I have a kowa 883 with the 30x and 20-60.

My research has come out with 4 cameras to choose from. Canon S 100/110/120, Nikon P330 + V1 and the Sony RX100/100 II.

Could those in the know explain pros and cons of the interchangeable lenses against external 5x zooms and does it effect what attachment I use? Can you get remote releases for all of them?

Currently I have no way of attaching to my scope, just want to get a camera then figure it out. Do they lend themselves better to swing out arms or over the lens tubes? Pros and cons of both?

Obviously the cheaper the better but if it's worth the cash then I would look into it but don't really want to spend more than £300.

Thank you very much for your help and hope others may find this thread useful too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back