Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Advice please: MP4 files with 7D mark ii

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Sunday 27th December 2015, 17:46   #1
KezN

Advice please: MP4 files with 7D mark ii

Today I set my video to record mp4 but when I came to view them after downloading there doesn't seem to be anyway of viewing them with the Canon software. Am I missing something or am I just supposed to use third party software?

Thank you
Kerry
Old Monday 28th December 2015, 11:46   #2
Malcolm Stewart

Why not download VLC Media Player? (I think it's free.) It's what I needed for viewing movie files from my 5D Mark II. You may need to do a web search for advice on how best to set some of the detailed options, and I assume you're storing your video files on a fast hard drive - using external HDDs accessed via slow USB links can be "interesting"....
Old Monday 28th December 2015, 14:17   #3
KezN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Stewart View Post
Why not download VLC Media Player? (I think it's free.) It's what I needed for viewing movie files from my 5D Mark II. You may need to do a web search for advice on how best to set some of the detailed options, and I assume you're storing your video files on a fast hard drive - using external HDDs accessed via slow USB links can be "interesting"....

Thanks for your input Malcolm. I do have VLC and have been using that to view them, but I assumed that somewhere Canon would have provided software to view the files that their camera produces. I find it very odd that there doesn't seem to be any.

KezN
Old Monday 28th December 2015, 21:29   #4
Malcolm Stewart

Hi Kez,

Do you not have Canon Utilities ImageBrowser EX? My copy is dated 2013, and can show Canon movie files, and I note that there's an "Edit Movies" function offered. I've just tried it, and it shows movies OK - haven't tried the editing as yet.
Old Wednesday 30th December 2015, 22:08   #5
KezN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Stewart View Post
Hi Kez,

Do you not have Canon Utilities ImageBrowser EX? My copy is dated 2013, and can show Canon movie files, and I note that there's an "Edit Movies" function offered. I've just tried it, and it shows movies OK - haven't tried the editing as yet.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your comment: I didn't get notification of a post. Thank you for that pointer. I have just tried using ImageBrowser EX and the MP4 is showing and playing. Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: