• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

**NEW** Pentax DCF WP II (1 Viewer)

lucznik

Inspector Gadget
I just saw on Eagle Optics (and then confirmed it on the Pentax website) that Pentax has decided to re-introduce the DCF WP line, though they have renamed it "DCF WP II." The basic specs for this "new" model appear to be virtually identical to the old model, though the website does claim that the binoculars have received some upgrades.

Says the website:

"Incorporating all of the outstanding elements of the original roof-prism series, the new DCF WP II series now features helicoid eyepieces and aluminum alloy bodies, and super reflective prism coating for brighter images. Available in 8x42 and 10x42 models, the DCF WP II series features phase-coated roof prisms for exceptional high-contrast, high-resolution images and a nitrogen-filled, fully waterproof JIS Class 6 body (submersible to 3.3 feet) for outstanding performance in wet conditions. Other notable features include: Super-Multi-coated optical elements for a bright, clear view of the subject; an inner-focus design for objective lenses; a long eye relief (22mm); extendible helicoid eyepiece rings; click-stop diopter adjuster; durable rubber-coated outer housing; eyepiece caps which double-function as rain shields; and a tripod socket for extended viewing."

I always thought that Pentax made a mistake when they discontinued this model and chose to offer only their higher end SPs and lower end HR IIs. This left a terrible gap in their product line that they now look to be trying to re-fill. I sure would like to do a side-by-side comparison of this new DCF WP II with my original DCF WP to see just how much they have managed to improve upon the design.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back