• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pocket 10X25 ? (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello,
I have looking for a good pocket 10x25, for large range, lanscape objets, large distance birds…
I am searching some model with good quality, maybe a Leica 10x25 or Zeiss Victory 10x25..or a Kowa 10x22.., Anyone have using these pocket ? other good alternative ?
Thanks
Wachi.

Pocket 10x25

Hello,
I have looking for a good pocket 10x25, for large range, lanscape objets, large distance birds…
I am searching some model with good quality, maybe a Leica 10x25 or Zeiss Victory 10x25..or a Kowa 10x22.., Anyone have using these pocket ? other good alternative ?
Thanks
Wachi.

Nikon HGL 10x25 should be added to your list.

I would go with the Zeiss. I had a chance to check them out recently and their awesome. I also really like the single hinge design. I’ve always disliked the double hinges on compacts

Hi,

I think Alexis' advice is the best... get a budget pair to test if 10x25 is for you... or try a friends pair...

Joachim

Wach post 1,
If you start trying a few models it can be worthwile to investigate also the Bynolyt Seagull 8x25 ED or 10x25 ED, around 300 euros and surprisingly good.
Gijs van Ginkel

Wach post 1,
If you start trying a few models it can be worthwile to investigate also the Bynolyt Seagull 8x25 ED or 10x25 ED, around 300 euros and surprisingly good.
Gijs van Ginkel

Thanks for the hint, Gijs.
I so far have not come across that brand.
How would you rate the Bynolyt against similarly priced same size competitors, esp. against the Terra?
Canip

Canip, post 9,
Bynolyt is a Dutch binocular brand exactly like Kite Optics is a Belgian brand. Both companies do not make any binoculars by themselves but they have their binoculars made by different optical producers in Japan, China, Taiwan etc. This weekend I had the opportunity to compare briefly the Zeiss 8x25, Swarovski 8x25 and the Bynolyt Seagul 8x25 ED. My quick inspection made me conclude that Swarovski was the winner, but if you compare optical performance and handling comfort and price I would immediately go for the Seagull 8x25ED or 10x25 ED.
Gijs van Ginkel

I would go with the Zeiss. I had a chance to check them out recently and their awesome. I also really like the single hinge design. I’ve always disliked the double hinges on compacts

If the Victory Pocket 10x25 is anywhere near as good as the 8x25, it's a no-brainer indeed.

temmie, post 12,
I left something over for you to detect, since I can not at such a short time after our Sint Nicolaas celebrations give a strong test report, but how about:
overal optical quality, handling comfort, ease of view, immediate feeling when using it? I did not consider wallet pain.
Will be continued.
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back