• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Copenhagen and Malmo (1 Viewer)

Phil Owen

Off for 3 nights there next week on a city break.

Just staying in the centre but wondered if there are any local parks to bird for an hour or two and likely species?

Thanks

Off for 3 nights there next week on a city break.

Just staying in the centre but wondered if there are any local parks to bird for an hour or two and likely species?

Thanks

Phil! How the devil r u mate?
I'll ask a couple of Swedish lads and get back to you.

I'd recommend thinking bout a visit to Falsterbo, depending on when you're going. It's not long by car/bus from Malmo and there may be a few bits n bobs such as Black Woodpecker, sea duck, etc, but it's a nice area for a wander, and there's a little caff ("Falsterbogrillen") that does nice home-made daily specials, really inexpensive, and good pizza.

There may be bird news from this area too - i'll have a look, as navigating the excellent Artportalen website is easier if someone's sitting next to you to guide u through it the first time!

Cheers,
Mike ov Timp.

There was a Black Duck about 60 miles north of Malmo today... good bird but praps a bit too far?

On the weekend:
Steppe Eagle about 20 miles east of Malmo.
Hawk Owl & White Stork 30 miles east of Malmo.
Gyr 15 miles south towards Falsterbo.

Last edited:
Mike! Wow...how's it going? Look forward to catching up soon. Look forward also to any tips for Copenhagen and Malmo.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Hello again Phil, I've asked a mate about Malmo but he doesn't know the area. Some sp which are pretty good in the UK, are a bit more common in southern Sweden in winter such as G G Shrike, Bean Geese, Parrot Crossbill, Waxwings, etc so hopefully you'll see a few good birds wherever you go. If you're staying in CPH, beware of the toll for cars on The Bridge to Malmo, I think its about 40 Euro. The train is very cheap.
Have a great trip! :)

Apparently there's a place called "Slottsparken" near the Steppe Eagle that's quite good; that's all I know about it tho! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back