• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

repair/service for Swift Audubon 8x44? (1 Viewer)

peachfront

My husband's Swift Audubons have acquired water in one eyepiece and probably need some other service as well. Where do I send them? Or is this a case of it's better to just buy another pair?

Send them in. Swift will fix them at no charge.

Repair and Service
For Binoculars over 15 years old, that are missing parts, please send your product to our repair department at:

Swift Optics Repair Center
C/O Nicolas Crista
25 Crescent Place
Hanson, MA 02341

For Binoculars less than 15 years old and Spotting Scopes, please send your product to our repair department at:

LSSTNR
1927 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77098

Check out their website for what to do. Swift Returns

Steve

you are my hero! thank you!

Just the information I was looking for. For some reason "google" let me down. Thank you so much.

elkhorn98 said:
Send them in. Swift will fix them at no charge.

Repair and Service
For Binoculars over 15 years old, that are missing parts, please send your product to our repair department at:

C/O Nicolas Crista
25 Crescent Place
Hanson, MA 02341

For Binoculars less than 15 years old and Spotting Scopes, please send your product to our repair department at:

LSSTNR
1927 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77098

Check out their website for what to do. Swift Returns

Steve

does anyone know if they will do cleaning at the repair center as well? I used to be albe to take my swifts over to be cleaned at the dorchester, MA location which appears to be gone now? For $25.. they came back lubed and as good as new.. I need to get them cleaned and am looking for a good place around Boston.

Thx!

pesto126 said:
does anyone know if they will do cleaning at the repair center as well? I used to be albe to take my swifts over to be cleaned at the dorchester, MA location which appears to be gone now? For $25.. they came back lubed and as good as new.. I need to get them cleaned and am looking for a good place around Boston.

Thx!

I just called them (Texas). They do clean and realign Swift binoculars, and are now the company's primary repair location. The Boston site was closed last year.

The cost seems to be about $45 but I'm going to talk with a tech on Monday to make sure of all the details.

Enjoy the view,
Ed

Thank you Ed... $45 isn't too bad for a bi-annual cleaning so I might just send them in for that... guess I need to find out how long it takes so I have them back quickly!

elkcub said:
I just called them (Texas). They do clean and realign Swift binoculars, and are now the company's primary repair location. The Boston site was closed last year.

The cost seems to be about $45 but I'm going to talk with a tech on Monday to make sure of all the details.

Enjoy the view,
Ed

thanks again, we had a great result

I should have posted this "thank you" some time ago, when the binoculars were returned from the repair/refurb. We had an outstanding result and are very much impressed with a job well done.

peachfront said:
I should have posted this "thank you" some time ago, when the binoculars were returned from the repair/refurb. We had an outstanding result and are very much impressed with a job well done.

That's good to know. Thanks for reporting your results.
Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back