• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Prominar 8x33 - different lens coatings (1 Viewer)

Kowaist

Hi Folks,
today I got my own NOS Prominar 33, as I had to borrow it from my wife the last years occasionally and had to live with my Minox HG.

Funny thing, the serial numbers differ only by 500, the new one slightly newer...
Luckily they don't have the same number ;)

Funny thing is, they both have completely different lens coatings. The reflexes in both glasses are certainly identical in size and position, but the colors are completely different... yellow-white, amber-green...:brains: ??
And I feel (only indoor until now) that one glass is a little bit warmer than the other...

BTW does anyone know who really produces the kowa binoculars? I think, as the german importer told me once, that Kowa makes the scopes in a own factory and the binos (all) by a OEM...??? JB2 ... JB?....
Has anyone valued information?

thanks in advance

Kowaist now also with own Kowa bino:t:

I believe the Genesis X44 is made by Kamakura Koki, but I don't know if that goes for the x33 as well.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back