• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Digiscoping Pictures (1 Viewer)

sagefool1975

Eric Lundberg
This is using an SL400R and a Celestron Ultima 80 ED.

The gallery of pictures, in their unedited glory, is here:
http://radiantenergy.org/gallery/digiscope_zoo_2005_10_2

The last two pictures are shots from the camera not attached to the scope or zoomed, that match the two scenes I was shooting at through the scope. I just get a kick out of seeing how much zoom these scopes give!

Anyway, not particularly interesting, but I was excited never the less!

Last edited:
Some very nice photos here. Very good for your first attempt. I suppose the zoo is in someways an ideal place to practice though it doesn't necessarily follow that the birds are going to sit still or pose on command just because they are in captivity.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

BenBirding said:
Those pictures are pretty good. How do you like the scope?

The scope is way way better that those pictures, I definitely need some practice with it. I don't have any other scopes to compare it to, but the images seemed very crisp with good color to my eye.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back