• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fieldfares at last! (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Whilst tending to my neighbours dogs this morning I saw this winters first flock of fieldfares,also a few redwings were about in the garden next door.

I think the cold snap in the night may have pushed them further inland
from their arrival points along the coast.

It's winter!!

Matt

matt green said:
Whilst tending to my neighbours dogs this morning I saw this winters first flock of fieldfares,also a few redwings were about in the garden next door.

I think the cold snap in the night may have pushed them further inland
from their arrival points along the coast.

It's winter!!
Matt

Oh Matt please send a few over to me!!! :D

You almost sound as though you enjoy the winter Matt :-OI suppose if I lived where you are I would welcome the winter too with all the migrants you are lucky enough to see :t:

I've seen a few small groups of Fieldfares myself over the past few days up here in Northumberland.

And yes, I do look forwards to winter with all it's fabulous geese, ducks, waders & divers and bleakness - tis wonderful, if a tad chilly around the kneecaps LOL :-O

Gill Osborne said:
I've seen a few small groups of Fieldfares myself over the past few days up here in Northumberland.

And yes, I do look forwards to winter with all it's fabulous geese, ducks, waders & divers and bleakness - tis wonderful, if a tad chilly around the kneecaps LOL :-O

I do envy you up there in northumberland gill ;)

I was looking at some arial photography of the area around holy island the other night,looks like a fantastic spot for birding.

Matt

Hi Matt and all,
Oh good to hear that news Matt.......they'll not be long then? :t:
Especially if this cold snap lingers!
I can recommend Northumberland and Holy Isle Matt.......well worth the trip a beautiful county with great birds and nice folk too eh Gill! 8-P
Best wishes

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back