• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black guillemot - St. Bees head. (1 Viewer)

NickPatel92

Hi,
Thinking of taking a trip up to St. Bees head this coming week to try and find a Black guillemot. Having had a look at the map, St. Bees looks like a rather large area. I've read that the Black guillemots tend to be around the Fleswick bay area. But i was wondering, with the such small numbers of B.G. that there are breeding at St. Bees, could anyone help me, with the exact whereabouts of one or any (maybe if anybody has seen any this year).

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thinking of taking a trip up to St. Bees head this coming week to try and find a Black guillemot. Having had a look at the map, St. Bees looks like a rather large area. I've read that the Black guillemots tend to be around the Fleswick bay area. But i was wondering, with the such small numbers of B.G. that there are breeding at St. Bees, could anyone help me, with the exact whereabouts of one or any (maybe if anybody has seen any this year).

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks.

If you're only looking for Black Guillemots you're a lot closer to a pair at Heysham, Nick. http://heyshamobservatory.blogspot.com/

Hi,
Went to St. Bees yesterday (and Bassenthwaite lake) and found two Black guillemots (and much more). We got great views. Here are some pictures.

More on my blog about yesterday and some more pictures.

Attachments

• sony dsc 55 078a.jpg
    sony dsc 55 078a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 121
  • sony dsc 55 103a.jpg
    sony dsc 55 103a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 112
  • sony dsc 55 111a.jpg
    sony dsc 55 111a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 100
  • sony dsc 55 143a.jpg
    sony dsc 55 143a.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 124
  • sony dsc 55 198a.jpg
    sony dsc 55 198a.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 115
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back