• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manakin? (1 Viewer)

Daniesser

Brazil
I took this shot and it flew away. I couldn't even see what color was its back. I've looked in 4 books and didn't come to any conclusion.
The closest I got was either a Piprites or a Neopelma, but it could be anything else.
The bird is about 12 cm long, it was in Belo Horizonte, MG, Central Brazil in a open treed University Campus. The photo was taken on October sixth, 2007, at 10:51.

Attachments

• UFO-2568.JPG
    UFO-2568.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 91
Female Hooded Tanager I think. Although female Hooded Tanagers are not illustrated in some books they are supposed to be washed yellow underneath.

I totally agree with Mark, female Hooded Tanager (Nemosia pileata). That eye gives her quite a distinctive face and along with her grey mantle, white lores and very pale ochre breast tales what she is. Nice bird to spot and photograph, Dani! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back