• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Superciliaried Hemispingus Bathing (1 Viewer)

Oregonian

In my posts about the tanagers bathing, I refered to this yellow bird as Black-capped Hemispingus. Reviewing my notes I see we called it Superciliaried Hemispingus in the field. Looking again at the image, I believe we were right in the field, and this is Hemispingus superciliaris nigrifrons. The white superciliary doesn't extend onto the nape, and the white crescent below the eye is more likely for nigrifons, the subspecies that should be in Colombia's Central Andes.

This was at Rio Blanco, near Manizales, Caldas, Colombia.

Comments?

Attachments

• Black-capped Hemispingus100_4995.jpg
    Black-capped Hemispingus100_4995.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back