• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Grey Shrike (1 Viewer)

Ruby

Just in case anyone is interested.... the Great Grey Shrike is still to be seen by the memorial on the A11 at Elvedon.

I originally saw this bird on Feb 7th and noted that it had been regularly reported as still being present.

I was heading up that neck of the woods today and was interested to see if it was still there - it was!!

Displaying very well on the top of low bushes at distances of 200+m - close enough for good views through the scope, but sadly a bit far away for digi-scoping. I did get some recognisable pics, but not good enough for posting really.

This seems like a bit of a birding hotspot.... there was much birdsong (mostly unrecognisable to me!!) in the background and the GGS only left when a Kestrel came and usurped his favourite perch.

Is anyone familiar with the immediate area?? - we have a long weekend camping booked up there in June.....

Too far for me despite it being my no. 1 want-to-see bird. I hear there was one at Bakewell - has anyone seen it or know if it's still there? I might be up that way on Friday for hawfinch at Cromford.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back