• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memories!!! (1 Viewer)

Ruth Daniel

Hi everyone,
Well a cold miserable day had me getting those sort of jobs done that you never normally get around to!
And as usual with those sort of jobs I found myself doing something quite un-intentional but as it happened quite rewarding!
During the process of which I came across these snaps all taken on an old Kodak instant camera 20 years ago between 1980 and 1982.
Strange to think that none of these birds will be alive today.
Anyway I've scanned them and put them onto my pc but thought I'd show them to you all as well.
So here they are.....and remember they are over 20 years old!!
Best wishes,

Attachments

• Black headed Gull.jpg
    Black headed Gull.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Chaffinch.jpg
    Chaffinch.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Coal Tit.jpg
    Coal Tit.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Nuthatch.jpg
    Nuthatch.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Jackdaw.jpg
    Jackdaw.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
What great photos, dear Ruth! Especially considering they were taken on a somewhat unsophisticated camera (to say the least!) :clap:

The one of the Nuthatch (?) on the Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney pie tin doesn't half bring back memories of my youth! Was it the flaky pastry one or the suety one? I always preferred flaky pastry (still do...). And how on earth did you get him to pose for you like that? :h?:

From the "nut" in his beak, I presume he wasn't gobbling up the steak and kidney pie, anyway!!! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your day, dear friend - and keep posting those "antique" photos! LOL !!!

Love and a hug -

Antique???? Moi????? Ooooh you certainly know how to upset a girl!!! lol!!!
Definitely flakey pastry for me with onion gravy!
Do Fray Bentos still makes pies in tins??
I don't recall seeing any of late??
Another of lifes little mysteries!!lol!!
Have a nice night my friend,
Lots of love Ruth.

Lol Ruth...antique or not...they're lovely pictures...I love the nuthatch especially..not much chance of me seeing one of those. As for the Fray Bentos in tins...yes..they still do them..but I have yet to meet the can opener that will open it properly without me needing stitches..lol..its the pastry I love, crisp on top but soggy underneath.

Dizzy said:
but I have yet to meet the can opener that will open it properly without me needing stitches..lol..its the pastry I love, crisp on top but soggy underneath.
Yes,I've got the scar to prove it!!!
I'd forgotten but you're right about the pastry.....thing is I'm fancying one now for me tea!!!!
Best wishes,

Hi Ruth,
Love the Jackdaw, they are all very good considering their age, a bit like all of us, would you say??!! LOL
All the best, Judo.

Hi Ruth

Was this one of those cameras where the photographer had to go under the black curtain then??? 20 years ago! Blimey you must have been a mear infant. LOL
Goods shots. I like the Jackdaw especially. Really rather nice birds when you get a good look at them.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Did you use a magnesium flash??!!!!!! Seriously, they are good and I love the Fray Bentos tin. I used to work with someone who ate one of those almost every day. The contents, not the tin! :'D

Pam

Last edited:
Paminfra said:
Did you use a magnesium flash??!!!!!!
I shall ignore all the ageist comments!!!!
Yes you too Brian,thank you black curtain indeed!!! and then to try to compensate by calling me a mere infant!! lol!!!
Seriously though finding them was a sheer delight as it reminded me of the place where they were all taken that we used to frequent whilst courting.
It was a lay-by on the edge of a country park where feeders and containers (hence the Fray Bentos tin) were regulary filled with food and so the birds came nearer and nearer to the car (even feeding out of our hands) which enabled us to take such close photo's with a pretty average camera!
So I've got them safely stored on my pc now,along with the memories to cherish forever.
Best wishes,

Ruth Daniel said:
I.
It was a lay-by on the edge of a country park where feeders and containers (hence the Fray Bentos tin) were regulary filled with food and so the birds came nearer and nearer to the car (even feeding out of our hands) which enabled us to take such close photo's with a pretty average camera!
QUOTE]

That was good for those days. What really saddens me is when I see feeders put out by some good intentioned person but they forget to fill them regularly. Feeders are only effective if they are kept going.

Bridie

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back