• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Optik on Tour - Mobile Experience (1 Viewer)

This is a great idea-perhaps one of the best I've seen in a while! Having not clicked the link yet-I hope they are not just hitting huge cities only where there might already be some vendors of alpha bins (?)

Swarovski already has their well stocked and large corporate booths with reps that regularly attend DSC in Dallas, SCI in Vegas or Reno, NRA, and SHOT shows for all to see and fondle.

Swarovski has introduced a fleet of vehicles to tour and let people try out its products in the field

There’s a fairly comprehensive list of dates and locations for Europe
And a more restricted list for the USA...………..

John

If you look at the map for Europe: That black blob is where Switzerland is. Just to make it clear where the money seems to be. 8-P

They were almost at my front door last week as I live near the Vogelwarte. I did not visit because we have a fine dealer in the area who provides an overview of various brands at the annual convention of the collaborators of the institute. :t:

Hi Robert,

While there's money in Switzerland, it seems that money's spent in Austria

When Swarovski publishes it’s turnover figures, typically 91% is from exports (see the attached)
Or to put it the other way, 9% (€1 in every 11) is from inside Austria

To provide some perspective:
Austria’s population is 8.8 million, which is fractionally less than that of Switzerland (8.9), and either similar to or less than that of many large cities
e.g. New York (8.6), London (9.2), Paris (11), Moscow (12.5)
Extraordinarily, while Austria has around 1/10 of 1% of the world’s population, it accounts for 9% of Swarovski’s turnover!

While I can understand the Austrian’s having a great fondness for their 70 year old optical manufacturer, are you aware of any other factors?
e.g. Are Swarovski’s prices significantly lower in Austria, and so attracting buyers from other countries?

John

Attachments

• Sales 2017.jpg
    Sales 2017.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back