• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic G80/85 fastest af from Panasonic (1 Viewer)

What they said

Panasonic G85 is the fastest AF camera
You will be surprised to know that the most cheapest camera available in the Panasonic is able to do the fastest autofocus in compared to the other cameras of Panasonic.

Panasonic G85 cost less than $700, But its autofocusing performance is better than Panasonic GH5S, Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic G9.

Tests seem to be a bit problematic. Different framing and lenses (DOF seems to be different) used for the different cameras. Result might be more a result of random than science.

Tests seem to be a bit problematic. Different framing and lenses (DOF seems to be different) used for the different cameras. Result might be more a result of random than science.

I have serious doubts about the conclusion, what i came away with was confirmation i made the right decision for me by not ordering the G9,after playing with it and reading a bit i decided it may have the edge on my G80 but not enough for me to spend that type of money on it.

Lets be honest its D500 money

I have serious doubts about the conclusion, what i came away with was confirmation i made the right decision for me by not ordering the G9,after playing with it and reading a bit i decided it may have the edge on my G80 but not enough for me to spend that type of money on it.

Lets be honest its D500 money

Yes, perhaps a bit overpriced, I think you have to be interested in the extra video features to motivate the current price.

Where can you get a G85 for < $700?

What they said

Panasonic G85 is the fastest AF camera
You will be surprised to know that the most cheapest camera available in the Panasonic is able to do the fastest autofocus in compared to the other cameras of Panasonic.

Panasonic G85 cost less than $700, But its autofocusing performance is better than Panasonic GH5S, Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic G9.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back