• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter for Fuji Finepix S5600 (1 Viewer)

geehed4u

Hi Everyone,
I have recently retired and I intend to get back into my early life interest of birding now that, hopefully, I have more free time.
I would like to get into digiscoping and having read the posts regarding this I know I'm in the right place.
I do not have a scope yet but I'm considering one of the opticron range, possibly the ES 80 ED that I've seen recommended on here but my question is is there an adapter to match my Fuji Finepix S5600 to a spotting scope.
Any hints, tips or information gratefully recieved, I class myself as a complete novice.
Cheers
Brian

hi Brian,

the second half of this thread might be helpfull:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=56410

Im sure thats a good camera,but because the lens is quite wide,you may run into a few problems lining it up with the scopes eyepiece.

Good luck with your digiscoping,it can feel very rewarding once you get the hang of it.

regards

Fuji camera help

Hi jc001,
Thanks for your help, sorry I'm only just replying, I didn't know anyone had replied until tonight. It's looking very much as if I shall have to get a different camera. Praps I should have looked into it a little more, Oh dear, whatapity, never mind.
Thanks again for taking the time.
Brian
jc001 said:
hi Brian,

the second half of this thread might be helpfull:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=56410

Im sure thats a good camera,but because the lens is quite wide,you may run into a few problems lining it up with the scopes eyepiece.

Good luck with your digiscoping,it can feel very rewarding once you get the hang of it.

regards

Fuji camera help

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your input, I'm very pleased with the scope I received it yesterday, havent had chance to use it in anger so to speak, but very hopefull. I got it from Warehouseexpress, cant praise them enough, friendly staff and very helpfull. It looks like I shall have to a camera along the lines of yours now.
Cheers every one has been very helpfull.
All the best
Brian
Paul Jarvis said:
Brian thats a good choice of scope. Thats what I am using along with an canon A620.

Good luck with the search.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back